Friday, February 11, 2011

Exciting Shopping Trips?

So, back in the day (like 3 years ago) if you would've asked me what the worst store in the world was, I wouldn't have missed a beat with my reply of Home Depot. I loathed the thought of going to that store. Never did anything ultra traumatizing happen to me. I have never had a problem with any employee or rude customer there. I think I just got dragged there one too many Saturdays (I think I had gone like twice) and there was not a single item in that store that interested me. I really had no logical reason besides that to hate the place, but I did. Tonight I found myself at Lowe's, which for all intents and purposes is Home Depot to me. Sorry to anyone who has stronger loyalties to one or the other. I love that store now. I guess I grew up or my interests have changed a bit with owning a house or something, but I wandered around that store and with the exception of the annoying teenagers there, I had a most enjoyable trip. I thought of dragging my date along with me tonight after dinner, but decided to just go by myself since I like to just wander around that store too much. It's ridiculous how much things have changed, but I don't know if I'd be more excited about a gift card to Home Depot/Lowe's or my favorite clothing store, and I love clothes shopping. The only other disappointment from the shopping trip this evening was the fact that the 60+ year old transvestite I saw there last week who asked me a question as if I was a Lowe's employee wasn't there to harass me today. That was definitely a highlight of that shopping trip. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment